Definately NOT love at first sight!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 10th 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Let me just start off with...I TOTALLY SAW PRINCE WILLIAM!

so i was walking away Buckingham Palace (i think...i couldnt quite tell through the hordes and hordes of tourists!) and i'm passing the war cabinets museum (boooorrring) when out of nowhere come like 30 bobbies on vespas, stopping traffic everywhere. And then like 6 limos pass, and i TOTALLY saw prince william in one. a girl screamed his name and nearly fainted, and he went all red and just kinda waved. i felt kinda bad for him. but really. i'm so glad i have you chris!!

anyways.

have i meantioned yet how IN LOVE with london i am?


well. i'm in love with london. this place is incredible!

so as i mentioned i saw buckingham palace. and the incredibly boring changing of the guard. the only highlight was seeing the royal band play and hearing voice of the guns. totally made my day. i love that song.

they played anchors aweigh too.

just in case you were wondering


then i went to the war cabinets museum (what a snore. i should have known)


so after being disappointed by the both the museum and the palace, (oh and seeing a prince) i took the tube (which i'm obsessed with) to trafalgar square, my sole purpose to get a picture of me on the back of one of the lion statues by admiral lord nelsons statue.

strike three: they are all boxed off and closed for restoration. bummer.

then i realized that the canadian embassy was across the square and i heard a rumor in the hostel that their was a tim hortons their. so like a moron, i went to investigate

strike four: accidentally asking the AMBASSADOR if there was a tim hortons...then having him start laughing, point at his name tag (i stared at him blankly...cuz cmon...tim collins is NOT a celebrity), and then have him get a little insulted and have to tell me who he is. long story short: no timmies.

so i walk out of the embassy, and i see the national gallery. now i WAS planning on skipping it since i'll be seeing enough paintings in paris, but then i see a sign for a travelling impressionist exhibit, so of course i HAVE to go. i'm here to get cultured, right?

strike five: the exhibit had to be closed early because the room it was in had a leaky ceiling, and now apparently a priceless manet has to be restored. eeks.

so it seems my day was mostly a bust, but i still enjoyed every second. (ps: turns out art is really incredibly beyond a doubt boring. at least the religious stuff is)

but westminster abbey was pretty incredible. i couldnt go near sir issac newtons grave b/c that part was roped off for mass (which i couldnt go to since i havent had communion yet) but i still saw it. the houses of parliament were cool. big ben wouldnt stop chiming while i was talking to mom tho.

and the phonebooths all reek of pee.

and pidgeons stink.

oh i saw the tower of london too. it was cool. my tour guide was funny, although at times i couldnt hear him since i was sharing him with 85 of my closest japanese friends.

but i got over it.

the jewel tower and the crown jewels were terribly boring tho. no jewels in the tower, and litteraly the only jewels at the crown jewels exhibit were ON the crowns. i was hoping to see all her rings and crap.

eee only two minutes.

well. recap: i love it here. i want to move here and ride the tube and never take a bus again.

things i learned today:
-never ask a bobbie for directions. they only tell you where to buy a map
-even if you have to take the tube to get there, food at tesco is about a million times cheaper than anywhere else. and they make rockin tzakiki and chicken sandwiches

love you all!

(mom send money)

Advertisement



10th July 2006

Sweet
PHEW! Your mom told me about the prince and I was like...So THAT'S why she left =)...I'm glad you're having a blast Smile... I'm happy that your trip is full of interesting lessons already, and I can't wait to hear about more of them. Looking forward to your next entry Babe. Love, Chris

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb