A beer with the Queen!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 14th 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was a long plane flight from Bangkok to London but luckily the plane was quite empty so we were able to spread out to watch the crap movies. Fortunately the plane food and bloody mary's were great, so that made up for it!! We had landed and were in and out of Heathrow quite fast then on the train to Bayswater. We arrived at The Porch and were greeted by Fi and Dave. The Porch is the nickname for the house and Fi and Dave are great people and friends of Mel G. Everyone in the house was very welcoming and it wasnt long before the body started to feel the effects of a 12 hour plane trip and we had to make our way to bed. It was 10 at night and there was still a little bit of sunlight left. Which makes going to sleep at night hard as it is still daylight until late in the summer.
Over the next week we toured around the city and enjoyed the sights of London. Big Ben, The Palace (which we have nicknamed Rockingham Palace), Piccadilly Circus and all the other monopoly sights. The weather was nice and warm which was a surprise. I even got a little sunburnt, which is very hard but it was still very hot. As it is summer there are a lot of concerts at this time of year. We caught up with Casey at Hyde Park and watched the Foo Fighters on the big screen for free. Probably not as good as being in the concert but it was still a great evening. The next day it was Australia Vs Brazil in the soccer so the pubs were chockers. It was a good day that extended to a good night where Dave got to experience his first Snakebite. A Lot nicer than the ones at the Pig we think but they still do just as much damage!!
So it was a busy week in London filled with a lot of sightseeing and plenty of drinking. We also took advantage of having food other than Asian and had our first Roast in almost 2 months, it was delicious.
So after the week in London we were off to see my Cousin Phil just a couple hours south of London for the week to enjoy the countryside and the seaside all in one........oh and maybe a little trip over the chnnel to France and Belgium while we are there!!!...................


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Westminster AbbeyWestminster Abbey
Westminster Abbey

Well a small part of is anyway
Street SignStreet Sign
Street Sign

Dave's mission is to take pics of all the places in Monopoly
the Nags Headthe Nags Head
the Nags Head

Hey they stole our pub!!
Camden Town Main StripCamden Town Main Strip
Camden Town Main Strip

This is the place to come to see some freaky people and some awesome markets


23rd June 2006

Oi slacking off on the writing party eh? I expect a bit more next time! Full marks for the snapshots they are great. See you soon..... MEL G x
23rd June 2006

neighbours meets eastenders
So you finally made it to good 'ol blighty. we are both jealous of the weather (its never good at home) the fact that you guys had a roast dinner, and seeing dave triumpantly downing a pint of snakebite, the hangovers are unbelievable right! come on the socceroos, who said football was boring?!
24th June 2006

Nice Photos fags!
I really like the photo of the knockers...That chick is hot! GET EM OUT GET EM RIGHT OUT AND POP ONE OF THEM STRAIGHT IN YOUR CAKEHOLE!!!!!

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 17; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb