Friday 9th September – 'Home time'


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 9th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I had a great score this morning! We had to return our bus and we were given a smaller bus to bring us back to Calais (France) so the cook was 'downsizing' and asked me to chuck a bag full of food out... well me being Dutch couldn't do that! In the bag I found 2 half packets of Stroopwaffles... well they went into my bag for the bus trip home (unfortunately Steve, Tim and Carla caught on so they didn't last as long as I first expected)! Good score aye??? I took the rest of the food to some people who had just arrived and they were very greatful for it too (They even scored a few free beers in the bag)!
Anyway we eventually jammed everything into the bottom of the bus and set on our merry way. Not a lot to report really, we had our usual stops along the way and ate where we could.
We made it to Calais just in the nick of time to catch the ferry back to Dover (England).
The ferry ride was rather uneventful... no wait... on of the guys on our trip who was near broke put 1 Pound into the slot machine and won 500 Pound (he is a Kiwi so that is like winning $1000 for him) so he was pretty stoked!
Les was waiting for us in Dover, he was the nutty bus driver who drove us to Dover on the first day and told us a mad Scottish man had shot 12 people dead... turns out it was just riots, but he didn't have any lies to tell us today.
We arrived back in London at about 6pm where we all said our good-byes (and only 1 girl cried... and no it wasn't me!) then went on our merry way, we were one of the lucky ones because we only had a 2 minute walk to get to our hotel.
Our hotel is a nice room... not massive but a lot more room then our first one we stayed in! It was so nice to have a nice shower where you didn't get dirty again the moment you stepped out. After some long showers we went out in search of dinner and ended up eating Indian which was delicious!
Got back to our hotel at about 9pm so Steve did some stuff on the computer and I fell straight to sleep (I'm such a nana sometimes!).
Right so apparently there was more to report then I initially thought!
That's all for now folks!
Xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb