Goodbye London, Good Morning Amsterdam


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 11th 2011
Published: May 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The last few days in London have been AWESOME! Awesome weather, awesome friends, awesome food... just awesome! I don't want to leave anymore! I could see myself living here for a while!

Went to see the infamous rocks - ie STONEHENGE. Whilst we were there we were fortunate enough to meet King Aurthur's reincarnation!He was a little weird.... Find out more about the weirdo here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Uther_Pendragon

What else was there... we also went to go and visit Salisbury Cathedral where one of the 4 original magna carta's are kept! That was quite interesting and we also headed down to the roman town of Bath! The place has sooo much history and the architecture is amazing!

After a long day of sitting on our butts in the bus a few quick drinks were had and then dinner at the Dorchestor! Which was really really really really really really yummy! Definitely a 3 michelin star restaurant and definitely worth splurging out for!

Today was a lot less stressful! Basically visiting all the department stores and Convent Garden for some last minute retail therapy... OMG Harrods is HUGE! It would take at least a day to go through the whole thing! It was very extravagent! And i didn't get to ask for my own Christian the lion either which was a shame!

Currently sitting in my cabin on the Stenaline right now waiting for the boat to start so we can cruise down the english channel into Amsterdam.

Euro chick update: Found a cute french chick outside buckingham palace today! I discretely tried to take a pic.. havent had a chance to look at it yet, but will upload it when i get the chance! 😊 Although she did look a little young... 😊

Random Fact of the day: Did you know that Harrods was the first to debut escalators in England? And to help customers overcome their initial fear of the escalator they were given a shot of brandy before they got on! Not sure how true the shot of brandy part is! But it makes for a good story!

M

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb