70's Shenanigans and Moving to Cl'am


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 15th 2006
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

My place!


I figured it was about time to stop filling your inboxes with photos and long emails, instead you can check this out anytime you want.
So. Where to start. The last time you heard from me was in Brugges. Lovely place.
I'm back in London and summer's arriving.. Lovely warm sunny days, drinking in the sun, sitting in the common. OK the definition of being here too long is when the mercury hits 18C and you strip off to your T-shirt and find the nearest bit of grass/public square/inch of pavement and sunbathe. Then complain its too hot when it reaches 23C.
ANYway. My exciting news of the week/month is that Simon and I have moved in together. Found a great room (read small) in a lovely house in Cl'am (or Clapham for the chavs). Its a big three storey house, sharing with 4 others - 1 Kiwi girl, an English couple and an English guy. I managed to pack my life into the boot of an Estate car mini cab (as it no longer fits into a backpack) and make my way south of the river. Very controversial move I know. However Clapham is a wicked place. Loads of cafe's, bars and restaurants only 2 mins walk away, and its only 10mins to the common. Anyway you will need to redirect all the fan mail.

My new address is:
Top Floor Flat
39 Landor Rd
London
SW9 9RT

Map of my place!

I know I said it's a house and it is, but the garden flat below has been rented out so we are the top floor flat.
Needless to say bonding with the flatmates has already taken place... I'm not so sure that my liver can handle living with Si (English Flatmate), he works for Majestic (great wine wholesalers)... The house is great though, huge kitchen/lounge/dining, great backyard for summer BBQs, London kids watch this space, my house warming is happening!

And new landline: +44 2077 330 802

So 70's shenanigans I hear you ask?
It was Rick's 30th Birthday a couple of weeks ago, and what better way for a 70's child to celebrate but by hosting a themed party. Ahh the Seventies. What can I say. No-one looked good. I will let the photos speak for themselves really. I think the funniest story to emerge was when a guy dressed like KISS did the walk of shame at 5pm on Sunday in his full KISS regalia (oh yes, make up and all)! With (wait it gets better) a huge tear up the arse of his costume....

Anyway.. I think thats about it for now.. Work is still the same old, nothing exciting happening there. I'm still working one night a week at the pub.. I'm just waiting for them to fire me coz I don't work enough and am a bitch to rota.. but no matter what I do they just won't! And my full time job is offering to sponser me?! Wondering if I can even last out the year there, let alone longer.
Have been catching up with some folks from home. Ryan and Jen are doing well... always travelling... Latest I heard was that Ryan was working for Porche?? Had Claresta stay a few nights, lovely to catch up with her. And in less than 4 weeks Rez (and Rush??!!) arrive(s)! yay! And rumour has it that Clare S-H has finally made it to this part of the world...
Bring on Summer!
Si and I are off to Roma for the May Bank Holiday Weekend! Yay! So stay tuned!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Sutto & ReneeSutto & Renee
Sutto & Renee

Chopper??
SiSi
Si

The Porn Star


Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 7; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb