Catching up with Paul - Mmmmm Beer!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 2nd 2006
Published: April 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in London around 1130 local time and got through customs fairly quickly before taking the Piccadilly Line to Russell Square - the closest stop to our accommodation at The Generator. We arranged to meet Paul at 1730 in Covent Garden and as we only got into our room at 1400 we decided to have a sleep. I had managed to sleep through most of the flight from San Francisco but the timezones were all wrong and we bith needed a rest.

Paul was at Covent Garden as arranged and we went back to The Generator to take advantage of the £1 pints and the free drink voucher that we had been given when we checked in.

Around 2100 we headed out to Porterhouse Bar in Covent Garden and bought a Speights and a Macs Gold. I can’t tell you how good it was to drink proper beer after the garbage that the Yanks had been serving up. The covers band even played a Crowded House song to make us feel really at home - I suspect this place knows it's market pretty well.

We got back to The Generator around midnight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0998s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb