Goodbye London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
February 2nd 2006
Published: February 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our Home!Our Home!Our Home!

3A, 56 Oxford Gardens, London, W10 5UN
It's almost time to say goodbye to our short-term life in London.

After arriving on July 16 from our amazing European adventure, we've spent the last 6 months back in pseudo-reality, working and preparing for our next travels.

We've managed to fit a lot in - weekend trips to Belfast, Madrid, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Edinburgh and the Cotswolds. We spent Christmas in Egypt, and we just got back from three days in Prague last night.

We've also tried to make sure that the things closer to 'home' weren't overlooked.

We've visited most of the major art galleries and museums - the Natural History Museum, British Museum, National Portrait Gallery, National Gallery and Tate Modern (which has proven to be difficult - visit one saw us evacuated due to a package scare, and visit two was during a major renovation period. We haven't been back a third time as yet).

We've wandered the markets of Portobello (countless times as we've been living only a block away), Borough, Camden, Spitalfields and Petticoat Lane; and shopped on Oxford Street once or twice (okay, I've got a mental map of every shop on the street).

We've been true tourists at
London EyeLondon EyeLondon Eye

On top of the world in our London Eye capsule.
Greenwich, the London Eye, and the London Dungeon; wandered around Westminster, Big Ben and gawped through the gates at No. 10 Downing Street. And seen Fulham beat Newcastle in a football match.

We’ve been drinking in Soho, had a curry on Brick Lane and had a dinner at one of Prince William's favourite restaurants (sadly he wasn't actually there at the time). Oh, and I’ve also had my photo taken with Craig David, my only real celebrity sighting (although I am convinced that Julia Roberts was driving next to my bus once - just that no-one else believes me).

We’ve seen the Lion King and the Woman in Black; and seen movies at Leicester Square and the Electric Cinema.

We’ve danced to Jem in concert, and through the streets at the Notting Hill Carnival (as well as stupidly tried to get through the 500,000 people with supermarket shopping to our home situated right in the middle of the festivities).

We’ve walked, jogged and cycled, read books and sunbaked (yes - it’s true!) in Hyde Park; and marvelled at the deer in Richmond Park.

But most of all we’ve had a blast, met some great friends
Brighton BeachBrighton BeachBrighton Beach

The view from Brighton Pier
and seen so much of the world in the last 6 months that our heads are left spinning!

So it's goodbye to London... for now.
As I'm sure we'll be back for a third time, soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Notting Hill CarnivalNotting Hill Carnival
Notting Hill Carnival

The colours and energy of the 41st Notting Hill Carnival.
Trafalgar SquareTrafalgar Square
Trafalgar Square

One of the fountains in the square
Regent StreetRegent Street
Regent Street

The Christmas lights of Regent Street


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb