London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 5th 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

London,
Well we have spent the last 6 weeks convalescing in London at Mick and Dena's. And what a fantastic time it was.. I arrived weighing 73kg and will leave close to 80kg, not quite back up to the 85 I was before leaving but in need of some exercise and a diet. That's all I need to say about the hospitality. We have just had a tea party to celebrate Debbies birthday and are off to India tomorrow for some meditation and detoxification! Wish us luck and you can find out what our schedule is at

http://www.yogapoint.com/info/ttcourse.htm

What we have been up to over the last six weeks in pictures with a little text..
1)The first thing we had on the schedule on arriving back in London was to attend Mark Kitson's wedding in Brussels. The highlights apart from the fantastic wedding were a hilarious loo see picture and diving at Nemo 33 the 33.5m deep pool on the morning of the wedding. I never knew diving in a pool could be so much fun thanks to Badoy and Kitson. We had champagne in caves at 8m and then posed for all manner of photographs in the windows. Mr Kitson I need some of the pics your Dad and bro took!
2) We of course also took the opportunity to catch up with all manner of mates on this time off.. you know who you all are as sadly we only took pictures of Ni and Shaz. It makes us sad to leave london knowing we know so many cool people here. But see you guys again around Christmas time I hope!
3) Ooops.. one of the chores that we had when coming to London was to sell Bettie.. something I kinda bungled. We had a viewing and I took Bettie out for a little spin to make sure everything was ok, and whilst paying far too much attention to how she was running rather than where she was going promptly wiped 600 quid off the final sale price by backing into a local transit.. Doh!.. C'est la vie.. But sold she did. We were sad to see her go and recommend old VW's to anyone!
4) We also had James Andrews wedding to attend. Where despite arriving at the church at 10:30 we proceeded to be late for the wedding by finding a local tea shop and confusing arrival time of 12 with time guests were to arrive and when the bride was to arrive. Ah well it was a lovely wedding and a great night. As you can see by the photos I had my dance card monopolised.. whilst a ray of sunshine in the church gave a radiant photo op? Sadly my skills in selecting the correct exposure were a little low.
5) One of the reasons we were here so long is Debbie had to be without her passport for good reason she is now a NZ resident provided we get to NZ inside of a year!.. Yay.
6) Reasons to leave London Reason 1 Snow in October??? WTF??? mind at least it was real weather not the endless grey and dismal we get used to in London.
7) Finally a bit of Halloween festivity for you to enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb