Day 5: Leaving Paris for London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 17th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 5: Leaving Paris for London

So this morning we got up, packed and made our way to the train station to leave Paris. I could stay another day… or two… but onto London! Yea! We get to the train station and it was a bit confusing trying to figure out where to go. All the signs obviously were in French and it was hard to figure out but we found our track for the Euro Star. The Euro Star is the best transportation I have ever been on. The train is spacious and comfortable. Food and drinks are included and the food- it was chicken with roasted red peppers was fantastic! You wouldn’t think of having edible food on a train but it was good. It took about 2 hours to get to London. It was cool to see the countryside and also going through the English Tunnel. When we got to London we both entered a state of shock because of the amount of people everywhere. I have never seen more people at one place in my life. We found our way through the tube system and got to our hotel. The tube system is pretty easy- not as easy as paris- but we figured it out without a problem. When we got the hotel we got lucky! The room at the rate we reserved was not available and so they upgraded us for free! Thank God they did! Our room was nice- spacious and had air conditioning. It was on the top floor of the hotel so we had a nice view of the city. The shower was nice- we had room! We only wished we could keep that room for then the students arrived. After getting acquainted with our hotel we decided to take a walk. We took the tube to get to Traflagar Square and when we walked out of the tube there were so many people. At the pubs in London everyone goes inside and gets a drink and then stands outside to drink since there is no a/c inside. When you have a street that is all pubs there is just hundreds of people. We took a nice walk through Trafalgar Square- that is where adam compared humans to pigeons. We walked through the West End looking for a place to eat. I did not want to begin the “pub food” ridiculousness and luckily after searching forever we found a very American place called Adam’s Rib. We sat on the second floor and could look down at the many, many, many people in the streets. After dinner we walked some more looking ofr a famous pub that Adam had read about called the Lamb and Flag pub. It was really cool. It was off the main street so you walk down a cobblestone street and you think you are heading no where, then all of a sudden this old building appears. Inside was really cool. There were pictures and newspaper articles from years ago. I think it was one of the oldest pubs in London. We got lucky and found two barstools by the window and just relaxed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb