Camden Market and Kensington Palace


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 30th 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We started out the day in Notting Hill and did a bit of window shopping on our walk down to the Kensington Gardens and Palace. At the Round Pool in front of Kensington Palace Robyn found we she quickly deemed "The Happiest Place on Earth (for birds)". We relaxed in the yard chairs and then walked around the outside of the palace, looking at the Sunken Garden and the Orangerie (where Queen Anne used to have her "high-tea".

We had a long walk all the way through Kensington Gardens and then crossed over into Hyde Park and walked through it as well.

Next we jumped on the Tube and went up to look around at Camden Market.

It's a fascinating area with cool little shops in what was formerly stables. After getting a bite to eat and walking around we relaxed for a bit in lovely pub where we enjoyed a Bulmers (Pear) Cider.

After that we went over and saw the new Batman movie. Movies are ridiculously expensive over here in London (like 12 Pounds). Luckily we found a theatre that had student prices for only 6.50 Pounds. Still $13 to us! Jeepers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

A Time MachineA Time Machine
A Time Machine

In Camden Market


Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb