Visitors to London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 28th 2002
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Marita & Paul with a randomMarita & Paul with a randomMarita & Paul with a random

Taken after their first night in London at the Old Ship in Hammesmith
Well, after being away almost 6 months it was nice to get some visitors from home. First it was my sister and her husband Paul. They were taking long service leave and doing the grand European tour, with London being one of their destinations. They got to see what a London pad was like after I crammed them into my single bedroom in Hammersmith and slept in the lounge. My housemates didn't mind.

Day 1 and we went to the Ship on the river in Hammersmith.....where I introduced them to Snakebites......consequences.....well the next day's siteseeing was a little slower paced. We walked around London (given it was a fine day) and went to the London Eye, walked along Westminster bridge, up and down the Southbank and generally had a pretty relaxing day. I think they were amazed by the long summer days which London has, with the sun not setting until 10pm!!!

During the week I introduced them to my friends with a BBQ in a park across the road from our party flat, 53A New Kings Road. Again the relaxed nature of afterwork driking and socialising was something whcih surprised them.......on the positive side though they met the friends I had made in London and were able to report back to mum that all was well.

About a week later I had Angeline and her mum drop into London for the weekend. Again, great to see friendly faces from home and a real pleasure to show them around my adopted city......albeit from a visitor's perspective. Ange too got the snakebite treatment with a session at the Redback Tavern followed by a day's touring through various London sites!

Along the way I managed to do some sightseeing (wow its been a while) and have a look again at the many attractions which London has to offer.

July really was a month where I took stock and started evaluating options......my visa runs out in Sep so its time to start looking at what I can do next (have a couple of options up my sleeve including work in Amsterdam). It was also a month where I started planning my next long holiday and thanks to Shannon deciding to pop into Europe around the time I'm heading off it looks like a Beerfest, Greece and Turkey tour......but in between I still have around 7 weeks left of work to negotiate......no doubt I'll keep you informed

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb