Day Seven


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 2nd 2008
Published: March 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day Seven, another travel day! Woke up early again, bloody JL.... Okay so maybe going to sleep at 6.00pm was not the best idea I’ve ever had. It was fine at the time but then when I woke at 5.00 after a good long sleep it was time for some CNN and a bit of reading to fill the three hours until the kitchen opened so I could get some more of that delicions Germann spam and pickle breakfast. Checkout is at 10am so after breakfast I have a bit over an hour to kill before I have to be out of the hostel so I decide to take a walk in the opposite direction from yeaterday which by chance happens to put me right in the middle of the dirty movie haus and live girlie porn show for gentlemen district! Amazingly at 9.00 on a Sunday morning the dregs were sill pouring out into the harsh light of day.
The train journey to the flugenhaf is an hours trip and check in is at 12.15 so I figure I may just as well head for the airport. There is a lot to be said for hiring a car and driving through Europe to the UK except for the channel being flooded! No wonder people swim the bloody thing has to be easier than trying to fly. Check in took nearly an hour and then the flight was delayed, still I was near the front and saw that Business class on Lufthansa does not rate a better seat, just the middle on being kept empty.
Landed at Heathrow terminal stalag 2. This is really the worst airport I have ever been in including the old Athens airport. It looks like it was previously a prison and is literally falling to bits.
Gerry and Moya picked me up and after a short drive back to their place I called Aunt Helen and arranged to meet up with here the cousins and Simon's daughter Emily.
Back th Smiths for a dinner for Moya, Gerry, Kate and Beau, Alex and Beau Nick and me, Much laghter Much of it probably at my expense wine and JL making me into the most incoherent blob I've been in quite some time! No clear recollection of actually getting into bed and would have been happy to stay stupefied but the cat had hidden in the room and chose the moment after lights out to leap on to the bed and scare the whiskers out of me! sleep finally..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb