Lynfield at Stamford Bridge: Chelsea v Charlton


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 26th 2005
Published: October 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Stamford BridgeStamford BridgeStamford Bridge

The home of the mighty Chelsea!
Lynfielders,

It was a warm wednesday evening and one of the greatest football teams in the world (Chelsea) were playing a Carling Cup game against London rivals Charlton.

Mr. James Paterson has a membership with this so-called great club and so he managed to get hold of some good tickets and take Paul, Aaron & his brother Tim along with him.

It was a great night, although the result was not liked by some (Chelsea lost 5-4 on penalties after being 1-1 at the end of extra-time).

Enjoy,
Aaron

P.S This writer takes no responsibilty for any bias used throughout this entry...


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Happy AaronHappy Aaron
Happy Aaron

Aaron is happy going to see his favourite team.
Aaron, Paul & JamesAaron, Paul & James
Aaron, Paul & James

Aaron likes Chelsea, but Paul & James are quietly wishing they would lose...Not something you want to say too loud when surrounded by Chelsea fans...
Timmy & AaronTimmy & Aaron
Timmy & Aaron

Timmy's first visit to The Bridge. Aaron still happy cos Huth hasn't screwed up yet. I hope everyone is aware it is MO-vember next month...just checking...
1st Half1st Half
1st Half

A shot of Chelsea's tight defensive line. The captain at the bottom of the box.
1st Half II1st Half II
1st Half II

Charlton take, and miss, a free kick.
The boysThe boys
The boys

Timmy takes a long stretch self take of Aaron, Paul & James at half-time.
Mr KitchenerMr Kitchener
Mr Kitchener

We even saw Mr. Kitchener with his son. What's the bet he got that shirt for his 40th birthday?? Who the heck is Mr. Kitchener?
2nd Half2nd Half
2nd Half

In the 2nd half Chelsea were playing towards the goal at our end. Unfortunately 90% possession couldn't get a goal.
2nd Half II2nd Half II
2nd Half II

Lampard takes a sweet corner. Huth screwed it up...again...
Full-timeFull-time
Full-time

1-1. It went to Extra-time. We were getting our money's worth!
End of Extra-timeEnd of Extra-time
End of Extra-time

Still 1-1. Time for Penalties!!
Psyche up!Psyche up!
Psyche up!

The best manager in the world (Jose Mourinho) pumping up "Super-Frank" Lampard and John Terry.
Penalty 1Penalty 1
Penalty 1

Lampard takes a shot from the spot. Although he nails it...some bad news was around the corner...
Penalty 2Penalty 2
Penalty 2

Darren Bent lands his penalty and pretty much wraps up the game for the visitors.


30th October 2005

expensive pies
4 friends at a chelsea home game plus pies and beer - you must have spent approximately £3000 between you!

Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb