London Landing


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 1st 2007
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Left Bangkok at midnight on Wednesday and got to Frankfurt, Germany at 7am local time after 12-13 hours of flying. Then changed planes and flew to London.
My old roommate, Dave met us at the airport and helped us navigate the tube back to his room in Perivale.
We set down our bags and headed off to Tesco for a sandwich. Man it is soooooooo cold here, so cold it hurts!! After that we jumped on the tube and headed into central London. We saw: Buckingham Palace, the Big Ben, Westiminstery Abbey, the London Eye, chased squirrels in the park and took crazy photos including one with a bobby outside the palace!!
It is so surreal walking out of the tube and down Oxford street, where we could could see, double decker buses, red phone boxes, real Channel, real Gucci, real Fendi, walking into bars where John Travolta and Kate Moss had been the night before!! There were people cueing to see Mark Walburg come out of some building so we sat in a pub and had a pint and watched the people watching for Mark!
The bars here are absolutely mind-boggling there are 100s and 100s of spirits and beers. I have never heard of most of them!!
We are trying to find some cheap jackets and thermal underwear...hahah... just kiding...but not really!!
Gotta find a job and somewhere to live today.
Wish us luck!! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

TubesTubes
Tubes

London Underground
ConcertsConcerts
Concerts

George Michael


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb