A Very American Thanksgiving....in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 24th 2007
Published: November 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pumpkin PiePumpkin PiePumpkin Pie

I think the only thing missing from this picture is an apron
With the exception of Valentine's Day (aka my BIRTHDAY which is in less than 2 months, but whose counting?)...I'd have to say that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's all the yummy food of the holiday season, without having to buy any gifts. Brilliant.

Since the English don't celebrate Thanksgiving, we all had to work on that Thursday. So, we decided to celebrate it the Saturday after. Daphne and Pete invited their closest friends and we had all the traditional Thanksgiving fare. YUUUUUUUM! Bronte and I also baked the pumpkin pie. It was a big hit and the pie plate was pretty much licked clean. Thank goodness we made a spare for ourselves!

Since most of the construction is done on the house, there was plenty of room for all the guests. It was a great way to christen the brand new kitchen. There was tons of food, wine and children running around. Everything the holiday should be.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Turkey & Sweet PotatoesTurkey & Sweet Potatoes
Turkey & Sweet Potatoes

Our 20-lb bird and sweet potatoes with marshmallows...yum yum YUM
Bronte the BakerBronte the Baker
Bronte the Baker

Bronte posing with our pie and extra filling. She refused to smile like a normal child and kept making crazy faces.
Daphne, Pete and BronteDaphne, Pete and Bronte
Daphne, Pete and Bronte

Setting up the table
Bronte and LucianaBronte and Luciana
Bronte and Luciana

How cute are they!
The kidsThe kids
The kids

In front of the fort they built. Remember doing that?


25th November 2007

forts!
we totally need to make a fort one day. just for old times sake!
26th November 2007

Beauteous!!!
This is great Ate T. Thanks for sharing. We miss having lil ones at our Thanksgiving! What a treat! Oh, and all the little brit accents! Che charming. Thanks for calling us on the day! We missed ya!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb