That Would Look Good on Our Wall


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 15th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dawn Writes:

So we bought this new luggage before we left with these really cool fold down wheels for easy transport. Unfortunately they weigh 500 pounds each and with the amount that Sean over packed, we ended up having to pay an extra $200 at the airport! I swear he brought every article of clothing he owns and like ten pairs of shoes! But I digress, we decided that we needed to reduce the weight of our luggage so that we’re not paying everywhere we go. We spent the morning looking for cheap light luggage and convincing our concierge to take our heavy luggage off our hands. So we got a bit of a late start to our day, but after haggling for suitcases we were off to the British Museum which is as amazing as it is huge. Whether viewing an immense Egyptian statue of Ra or the smallest brushstrokes on a Grecian tapestry, it’s a humbling experience to imagine the people who created them so long ago and were likely unaware of how many people would see them in the future.

After a long day at the museum we were off to The Wheatsheaf for beer and inspiration. The Wheatsheaf is a small pub formerly frequented by the likes of Dylan Thomas, John Keats and George Orwell. It’s one of many pubs in London that’s credited to famous writers.

After dinner (and of course drinking) we were back to the hotel to try to get an early start for our travels to Germany the next day! More on that later…



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Mummified RemainsMummified Remains
Mummified Remains

The poorer people weren't wrapped and put in a sarcophagus.


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb