Days 128-151...London, England (2)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 3rd 2007
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

On returning to London we decided to make the most of our time and make sure we caught up with everyone regularly and tried to see as much of the city as we could.

One of the most memorable things we did during this stint in London was a cruise down the Thames with Tori, Gary and Ella (Carl was in Valencia covering the sailing - lucky bugger!). This was a cool little excursion, as it provides an unparallled view of many of the big sights in the city.

Also, it was fantastic to meet up with Ginny again, who left NZ last August! Ginny came down from Bath a couple of times and we plan to get up there for a weekend before we leave England as well.

We went out drinking several nights, as you can well imagine, but one particulalry fun night was when we joined Pants, Robbie, Chris Crocker, Katrina Whiteford and 2 american guys Pants knows - Dano and Steve, for a night of coctails at 'All Bar One'. This is great spot for after work drinks on a friday - we went to the one at Covent Garden as Pants and Robbie are regulars and that definitely improves the speed at which we get served! They do 2-4-1 cocktails in the early evenings and we took full advantage. Had great night of drinks and chatting, sustenance provided by chips and meatballs from a cafe next door! We did manage to lose Steve at some point - but I have seen him since, so he obviously survived!

The Sunday after that Friday we also met Pants, Multrus, Dano, Steve and Dano's GF Kelly at Clapham Common where we spent all afternoon playing pick-up games of basketball against a mixture of french, russian, chinese and english guys - needless to say Mr Pants and I represented NZ well and the 2 americans were pretty sharp too - a great afternoon - and some exercise too! (I'd almost forgotten what that was!)

Not really much else of note during this 4 week stint in merry old london, suffice to say the weather has still not imporved - Summer they call it! Which is part of the reason Kristi and I were so chuffed to be heading off to Barcelona the weekend after our birthdays!

Weeks disappear in this city and although we kept busy going out for dinners and drinks etc we soon realized we wouldn't be able to last until the next school holidays for a trip away - so we booked a cheeky 3 day weekend trip to Barcelona to take the edge off!

Spain, here we come!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.577s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 22; qc: 86; dbt: 0.3335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb