in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 26th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Our host Peter drove us into London and dropped us off at Buckingham Palace just in time for the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. From there we had a scenic walk through St. James Park over to Trafalgar Square. We spent a long time in the National Gallery and made good use of the audio guides. Julia and Dad's favourie was Sampson and Delilah by Rubens. Mom was particularly thrilled by Rembrandt. I can hardly choose... I enjoyed the pieces by Turner very much. After the NG we walked around London, seeing Covent Gardens and Leicester Square. We finished the day with a gruelling 3 hour drive back to Chalfont St. Giles. Mary's dinner was all the more enjoyable for it.

-Erica




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



29th June 2007

This is one of my favourite parts of the day ....... checking in to see what adventure the Roebbelen family has been on most recently. What a fabulous gift, Erica, posting this blog! Buckingham Palace is so beautiful and you got some amazing photos of the changing of the guard. Julia ....... love that cute smile, glad you are feeling better. Sharon, why didn't you pick up the phone and call? Enjoying taking this trip with you. Love and hugs
29th June 2007

In a time warp
Ooops! Julia doesn't get sick until tommorrow! The miracle of technology, combined with a woman's scattered brain can bring odd results, eh? Hope you better by now, darling girl. The clouds of England could use the sunshine of your smile!
1st July 2007

who's the blond?
Loving the pictures; celebrating Canada Day, and waking up to the latest London news...Julia's lookig real cosy as she tries to distract one of Her Majesty's finest...but away with the red telephone booth...and headline the pic "the beautiful blue-eyed blond". Much love to all.
5th July 2007

The Queen's Guard
Julia, had you been standing there 50 plus years ago, that may have been my Dad. I have been enjoying the Roebbelen Blog - what a wonderful time you are having - a wonderful family making wonderful memories!

Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb