We walked and walked and walked...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 1st 2007
Published: June 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

First of all I just want to say happy birthday to Laura. I would call but I still can not figure out my phone card!!! As soon as I get off the computer I am going to begin working on that.

Last night we struck out in search of some fish and chips. We had a coupon for a restaurant so we went there. However, the place was terrifying to put it nicely so we ate pizza instead. After that we came back and went to bed because we were exhausted.

We got up this morning at 9am. We were supposed to get up at 8:30 but we were just to tired. I actually slept pretty good even though the mattress felt like the springs were coming through. We ate breakfast at the hostel. That was interesting. The milk was a little warm so we each ate a roll. Then after getting ready we went to the Tower of London. We took a tour by a Yeoman Warder. He was very informative and funny. We got to see a bunch of the royal crowns and military weaponry. It was right by the Tower Bridge so we took a bunch of pictures there. Then we got fish and chips for lunch. It was okay. We took a picture cause it was not very yummy looking. Then we rode the train to Waterloo Station to find where the Chunnel leaves from tomorrow. After that we went to the London Eye and rode that. It almost rained while we were on it but luckily the clouds held out. We got some amazing pictures and got to see the whole city from up there. Then we went over near Kensington Palace and walked through Kensington Gardens and took pictures of the palace. It was really neat. Some nice local who was walking by told a bunch of information about it. She showed us where people laid flowers after Princess Diana died. Then we walked from there through Notting Hill (like the movie). It was adorable. We passed a real estate office and saw how much homes go for. It is unbelieveably expensive!!! Then we went and got dinner from a market. We had bread, cheese, grapes, and a bottle of wine. We brought it all back to the hostel and made a picnic in our room. It might be the best thing we have had so far. Everything is pretty expensive in London so we are trying to not go crazy. At this rate I might weigh nothing by the time we get home. We walk so much and aren't hardly eating at all.

We leave for Paris tomorrow at 1:30. Before that we are going to try and go to a parade that is a practice for the queen's birthday parade. If we don't go there then we are going to go to Buckingham Palace. I can't wait for another day of fun and new adventures. For anyone who is worrying, we are being very safe. Love you all!!

Advertisement



1st June 2007

Fish & Chips
I am so jealous that you rode the London Eye! I have always wanted to ride that! So apparently all of the rumors I have heard about British food are true. I believe you could write a book on the "Travel Through Europe Diet." You could start a new trend. It may not be the cheapest diet, but it would definitely be the most fun! By the way, I heard that the French Open tennis tournament is going on in Paris right now. It is a pretty big deal. You will probably get to see some of the festivities related to that, which would be really cool!
2nd June 2007

Finally
Hi Cutie Pie...I was so glad to see that you made it. I read your arrival post to Ama. She was really excited to hear it and said she would get Papa to figure out how to get to your website. Laura is with us and having a happy birthday! Jim says he is glad you are being safe and hopes you remember all the defensive moves he has tried to teach you (oops...that was Laura). We love you...Mom
2nd June 2007

Hooray
Hey sister, I'm glad that you made it safely, and that you are having so much fun. Thanks for the birthday wishes....I was very surprised to hear that you hadn't already camped out in front of the palace yet! I guess that's next on the agenda. Good luck with your calling card. Love you!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb