Catching up on sleep in London after Contiki


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 27th 2005
Published: August 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hanging out at Buckingham PalaceHanging out at Buckingham PalaceHanging out at Buckingham Palace

Dana and I went and saw the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.
We arrived back in London and that marked the end of contiki. It was sad to see the adventure come to an end, but my body sure as hell appreciated slowing down!

We got back in the evening and stayed at the contiki hotel, as did most other people on the bus. That night we had a yummy chinese dinner then went to the hotel pub to say our final goodbyes.

The next day was a very slow start, followed by some sad goodbyes. Ish came and picked Amy McB up to take her to Wales, I'm not sure when I'll see Aims next as I'll be in KL when she comes back to Australia at Christmas, so that was a very sad goodbye :-(

Then not long after we had to say goodbye to Peachy when her aunt came to take her to lunch. I luckily get to see her when I get back to Canberra, but having spent every day together for the last 4 weeks it felt like a life time till I'd see her again.

After that emotional start to the day Dana and I were buggered so we made our way to Alexis and Matt's apartment and spent the afternoon crashed on the couch.

That night was dinner at a pub, there are so many in London it wasn't hard to find one.

The next day we played tourist. The weather was great so that made it enjoyable, I know the words "great weather" and "London" are rarely used in the same sentence so we were very gratefull. We made our way to Buckingham Palace and watched the changing of the guards ceremony. After that we walked through Hyde park and saw lots of Monopoly sites (Piccadily, Trafalga etc). I was dissapointed to find that the Piccadily tube line was coloured blue on the map - don't they realise it's meant to be yellow?!

That night we met up with a friend we'd met in Amsterdam (who was visiting from London) at the local pub which was a whole 2 minutes from where we were staying. It was great night! Lots of beer and laughs and...girls - this is for you - the guys at this pub were hot!! Dana and I had a great time perving at all the pommie hotties, hehehe :-)

The next day we met up with a friend from Canberra, we had lunch at a yummy italian place then, believe or not, went to another pub for more beer. I love this pub lifestyle!

That night we went to the movies and saw 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'. Great laugh!

The next day we had a lazy brunch and then made our way to the airport to go to Cyprus.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb