Early days


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 14th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, finally I am able to sit down and write.

Things have been very hectic with all the things we had to do on arrival. First major drama, Herve's laptop was damaged on route from Australia (with all his preparations). That made the job search a bit more difficult as a lot of the preparations for the job search was on the laptop. Luckily we brought another laptop we could use for the job search. Herve's laptop was eventually fixed after a week, but it made life a bit more difficult in the first week.

We arrived on Saturday morning and went straight to our short term apartment. It's nice enough although the girls complain that their "bedroom" is also a laundry, kitchen, lounge and computer room.

At first we needed to go buying the school clothes, bag etc before the Monday meeting so we did this on the same Saturday.South West London has turned into the best decision of all, it is a very nice neighbourhood with a real buzz about it (but not grundgy) Everything is a 5 minute walk but surprisingly it is quiet inside the apartment.
The weather on the weekend was extremely mild
Laurens challenge with her new tie.Laurens challenge with her new tie.Laurens challenge with her new tie.

Here is Lauren learning to do up a tie, challenging but eventually mastered
(10-15) and sunny!. Here I was warning the girls about how cold it would be and it turns out to be mild and sunny. Weird.

The meeting at the school went very well and I am still surprised at how easy that process was from Australia, we just rang and said we were coming and they said OK! When we came Monday morning we got our school cardigans and were given the tour by the principal. When we came to Lauren's classroom the whole class was so excited and apparently they had been "prepared" weeks in advance regarding the new girls from Australia. Christine's class on the other hand is very serious and the kids continued working while the the teacher came over to introduce herself.

We came home and talked about our first impressions and then Herve taught the girls how to do up a tie as they have never worn one before.

So far, so good. Herve is looking harder for work but we are still getting the idea that it is too early. I am meeting with estate agents tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

the final productthe final product
the final product

Here are our girls looking resplendent in their newly purchased uniforms...stunning!
Herve ready to wow any prospective employerHerve ready to wow any prospective employer
Herve ready to wow any prospective employer

This is Herve's new Italian suit we bought in Australia before we left. Looking good!


Tot: 0.395s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0972s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb