Adventures in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 15th 2007
Published: May 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in London after an overnight flight from JoBurg rested and ready to see the sights. For our first adventure, we decided to take the underground which was not so much fun with luggage and the morning commuters but what the heck - it was still fun. We checked into our hotel which was directly across from Buckingham Palace and headed out for the day. We were in full rain gear riding the top of a double decker bus....quite the London experience.

We spent some of the afternoon exploring the Tower of London which was founded nearly a millennium ago and expanded upon over the centuries since. It has been the seat of British government and the living quarters of monarchs ... the site of renown political intrigue, and the repository of the Crown Jewels ... It has housed lions, bears, and (to this day) flightless ravens ... not to mention notorious traitors and framed members of court, lords and ministers, clergymen and knights. We then took a river tour on the Tames (burrrrrrrrr) back up to Big Ben where we got off to explore our way back to the hotel.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb