London- Day 1 and 2 and 3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 12th 2007
Published: May 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Here i sit in London in probably one of the dodgyiest internet cafes i have ever had the pleasure to type in. London has been the city of amazing sites around this corner with the next corner to hold an even better site. The rolling green fields on the way form the airport to downtown held me in suspense until we arrived in the city. As the buildings rose from the ground as we approached the heart of the city, so did my anticipation for what lay ahead. After a rough trip through the London Underground we made it to our hostel for such much needed rest. The London Underground is not a scary place to be and is fairly easy to navigate except when you have been up for more then 30 hours on planes and trains and buses with no sleep. Once my head cleared the next day it mae getting around the city so much easier.

We started by taking a whirwind trip through Kensington Palace Grounds and Hyde Park, and then ripping over to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guard. Then to Big Ben, The Parliment Buildings and Westminster Abbey. From there we finally sat down and enjoyed a quick lunch at the London Eye. From there we heading to the Tate Modern gallery and the Shakespeare Globe theater. Such a whirwind of a day left our legs tired and our phot taking fingers all warmed up for more.

The next day started bright and early again and with more on our plate then we could probably do in one day. Both did that turn out to be right. We proceeded to Trafalger Square and sat and enjoyed the beautiful morning sun and to be blessed to be in such an area. We sat under the statue of Nelson watching tourists fly through the Square.

From there we grabbed a quick lunch and were of the the Tower of London. After a four hour self guided tour through such an amazing historic area, it was time to head home to make some dinner. The Crown Jewels exhibit was amazing. That is true wealth. Bill Gates has nothing on the Royal Family.

We also got to see the changing of the gaurd at the Royal Horse Guards Palace and then tried to catch the changing of the Tony at 10 Downing Street. Unfortunatly he is a quitter and was not home and could not come out and play.

What will the next few days hold for me? I have no idea myself but I'm sure it will be full of beautiful places and faces. I can't wait to see what it brings



Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb