Guilford ...Guildford... Guildford


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
February 26th 2007
Published: March 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Jane Austen suiteThe Jane Austen suiteThe Jane Austen suite

That is the name of my 155 pound a night suite
Off to Guildford on a work trip for a week (26th Feb- 2nd Mar). First flight out of Geneva at 0705 am which means I had the taxi picking me up at 0545am! Never again!!!!

Flight got delayed as we were just about to taxi to the main runway. Problems with the hydraulics apparently...not something you want to hear just moments before take off. Took off an hour later.

I was excited about going back to an English speaking country. Not having been to Guildford before, i did not know what to expect. MB had mentioned that it is within the London city commuter belt, which means that it has money because a lot of the people work in London.

I had a luxury suite (see pictures) in the Angel Hotel. Cost 155 pounds a night...Phew, thank you Mr. Corporate Company for paying. It is located at the main market / shopping street in Guidford.

First dinner alone on Monday was TGIF. Yuck! How desparate was I??? Found a Wagamama down the street and had dinners there the next couple of days. MB and I went off to the pubs a couple of nights.

Work was
Jane Austen's living roomJane Austen's living roomJane Austen's living room

The suite has a living room. Pity the TV has got only 5 channels of which all bored me.
unevenful - so nothing there.

(Un)Fortunately, i will be back again from 4th - 7th Mar in Guildford. Hopefully have more time for pictures.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb