Safe and Sound


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
February 15th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we've arrived. It's 7 pm London time. We flew out of Thunder Bay yesterday at 8:10ish and headed to Toronto. Our flight from Toronto to London was delayed.... Instead of leaving at 9:55 pm EST, we left just a few minutes shy of 2 am. Then once we got on the plane (finally!) we had to wait for permission from Toronto to actually take off and THEN one of the hatches was frozen and we weren't allowed to take off until it was fixed... I don't know what time we actually left at but hey.

By the way, flying from Canada to London... Air Canada is not the way to go. It's definitely not as nice as British Airways (aka, no TV sets in the back of the seats (LAME!)). We had a chorus of crying/screaming babies to lull us to sleep. Our sleep was fitful, but needed. Woke up. Had airline breakfast. We arrived in Heathrow airport at 2 pm-ish London time and proceeded to finally get on to the tube around 6. Yes. It did take us that long to get through customs ect... Oh and did I mention Air Canada lost Derek's backpack. Sure did!! haha. Yes. And all of our toiletries, presents ect were in there. ANYWAYS. Not that bad really. We're alive aren't we?! And we are happy and tired.

Took the tube to Dave's house. He was still at work. Gave him a call. He said he'd meet us at a pub down the street. Went there. It was surreal. Maybe it's because we're so tired. Regardless, it was smoky, dingy, and old... Kind of reminded me of the Coronation Street pub me mum likes to watch on the tellie. Well Derek and Dave are making omelets as I write this. I think we will have some organic eggs with mushroom and cheese and then konk out... Cause that's all we have the energy for. HURRAY for jet lag.

Will write again soon. We're going to be super tourists tomorrow so I'll give you an update then!!

Much love,
Dephka

Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb