London via Australia Day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 26th 2007
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to London, its Australia Day! After a bit of a sleep in it was time to dress up in my Aussie shirt (thanks Jess!!) scarf, bands and tattoo's (which now after the fact shouldn't be put on your face, really hard to remove, saw face). Andrea, Ben and room-mate Matt, went on a bus to Shepperds Bush Walkabout (a massive Australian chain of pub) on a bus, a big red d-decker one, front top seat again and went through Notting Hill which wasn't really as impressive as i thought (will go on market day though). Got there at 1 and by 3.30 you couldn't even move, it was human sandwiches. So got on another bus to Convent Garden and went pass all the major sights, walked down Oxford St and came to another Aussie pub, which was better priced and less like a sardine struggling in water 😊. Met up with other flat mates there for a few more drinks and then home again.

Funny stories 😊 We had a lot of English people shouting out Happy Australia Day to us, seems we had all the paraphanalia on (must have looked weird to others which didn't know) On the bus the guy sitting next to me pointed at my face and says, 'is that a tattoo' so i explained no and why it was there. Funniest, Amazing, tear jerking moment, was in the Aussie pub we ended up at, where they were playing all Australian music, and old GEORGE comes on, 'Bastard Son'. How special, I'm in London in a little pub and I can hear my brother!!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb