Lockdown in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 16th 2020
Published: May 16th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Announcement Board of Wood Green Shopping MallAnnouncement Board of Wood Green Shopping MallAnnouncement Board of Wood Green Shopping Mall

We live behind Wood Green Shopping Mall, on the side of the Market Hall. Quite a few shops have been open during the lockdown period - it has allowed me to do shopping.
London has suffered from pandemic of coronavirus. I realised that we have not taken very many photos this year. With restriction of travel Mark has been working at home since the end of March and I have not been able to go to work (Oxfam Edgware) since 21 March. I have been furloughed and received 80% of the salary.







Coronavirus outbreak has hit the UK badly: confirmed over 100,000 cases and 30,000 deaths. There have been a number of shops shut around our house in Wood Green. Nevertheless, we have been lucky with minimal damage for our life. There are quite a few essential shops (selling food and medicines) opening during the lockdown; all of these shops like Morrison and Boots and grocer are within 3-5 minutes’ walk – I have easily popped to one of these shops during the weekly days when Mark works at home. It was very lucky that Wilco, which sells household, cleaning items, stationery, as well as food, has been open, and it has allowed me to continue doing deep cleaning and daily cleaning in the house. I was also happy to see ‘A Big Value’ – household, DIY shop, was opened on 11 May, a day after Boris Johnson announced the plan of beginning to ease the strict lockdown of 7 weeks. I have visited the household shop a couple of times since they opened up and spoke to the owners and said to them, ‘Welcome back, ‘I missed you.’ I have bought quite a few things from there.







On 16th May, we decided to do walk around the reservoir in Alexandra Park. We approached there via the riverside. There were quite a few people and dogs in the sunny afternoon – they were sunbathing, doing yoga, walking, cycling and jogging. Reservoir saw several water-birds like geese and seagulls. We saw a couple of trains running on the railway bridge.







Alexandra Park is quite a big park and it will allow us to explore a different part of the park every time we visit. We may need to take the bus to go to top of the park, Alexandra Palace – we may well do if the situation improves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Alexandra Park on 16 May 2020Alexandra Park on 16 May 2020
Alexandra Park on 16 May 2020

There were quite a few people and dogs in the park


16th May 2020

Great to see our Blog
It was lovely to see and read your Blog , especially to see the photo of the swan and cygnets . Hope you will be able to go there again
19th May 2020

Generic
Very bad situation of London and other countries this virus needs to be keep in control.

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb