Day out in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 20th 2013
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We all awoke early and got ready for a long day in London. We drove to Basingstoke rail station and parked and then got a wonderful groupsave deal for rail and Tube passes! It was a slow ride into Waterloo Station but before long we were there and then we headed out to see London. Our choice for this day was Kew Gardens. We had a 2 for 1 groupsave deal, so that was perfect! It was a long Tube ride there but once there, it was very relaxing. We strolled around for 2-3 hours until it started to rain hard. We enjoyed the indoor palm gardens and the treetop walkway the most!

From Kew we went down the road to find a pub for a late lunch/early dinner. We could not find anything and it was really pouring rain by now. We decided to head back to the Kew Gardens Tube stop and take the metro one stop to Richmond. From there, we walked down towards the Thames and found our pub. We ate at the White Cross Pub and it was fantastic! They had great food and service and the views were awesome too. After dinner, we went back and caught the Tube to the Embankment stop. We went out and crossed over the Thames to get some views, while walking to Waterloo Station. Finally, we got our train back to Basingstoke. Everyone of us was dead tired, especially our friends' young girls, but we did good and made it home. It was not long before we all fell asleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb