A day out in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 12th 2014
Published: April 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We awoke early and had a light breakfast at home. We left to Basingstoke rail station at about 9am and caught a train to London Waterloo. Once there, we walked down by the London Eye and hung out for a little bit. At about noon, we caught a Thames Clipper boat towards Greenwich. It was a nice ride with some great views! Once in Greenwich, we walked around the area for most of the day until about 5pm. Though a bit touristy, we had to stand on the Prime Meridian line.

After our fun day in Greenwich Park, we went and had dinner at the King's Arms Pub nearby. It was really good food and I had the fish and chips with a few Guinness beers.

After dinner, it had began to rain. It was about 8pm and so we headed back to the pier to get the Clipper to London Eye.

Once there, we walked to Waterloo station. It had began to rain harder now so we were glad to be heading back home.

There was a train departing within 5 minutes and we caught it. It had a lot of stops but soon we were in Basingstoke, and ready to go to sleep.

A fun day in London came to a close.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb