Serviced Apartments Compared With Hotels


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
February 17th 2018
Published: February 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Over the last few years, serviced apartments have become increasingly popular. Indeed, the association of serviced apartments reported a two percent increase in total overall occupancy, to 78%!,(MISSING) and a three percent increase in the weekly net rental for serviced apartments within the UK.

Despite this increase in popularity, which comes at the cost of the health of the hotel industry, serviced apartments are something that a lot of consumers don't fully understand, and this means that many people are still booking hotels instead. For those who don't travel often, it's hard to understand what differs between a hotel stay and a serviced apartment.

Serviced apartments are offered for both short and long stays, and they provide all of the amenities for day to day use. In that respect, they are similar to a hotel. However, they usually offer more space, more privacy, and are suitable for longer stays - offering a more flexible range of amenities for a better price, especially luxury serviced apartments in areas like Kensington.

Space and Comfort of Home

When we're at home, we take that space and comfort for granted. Business executives that travel a lot often feel like they are living out of a suitcase, and those hotels are too noisy and too public for them. They often prefer having somewhere that they aren't sharing, but that they can call a home away from home. Where a hotel room might offer a bed, TV, phone, a shower and toilet, and perhaps tea and biscuits, the rooms are all the same and you can't cook a proper meal or lounge on a big comfy sofa away from your bed. When you stay in an apartment you have a bedroom and a lounge, and a kitchen. You can cook real food instead of eating out. You can relax and switch off mentally in a way that you can't do when you're stuck in a hotel.

Price Differences

One of the big differences between a serviced apartment and a hotel is the price. There are a lot of people who think that apartments are only for the elite - but they can actually be, on average, 30%!c(MISSING)heaper than a business hotel and they offer more space, more privacy, and more comfort for guests that are staying for a while. If you're used to paying £85 for a four-star hotel, then a £70 stay in an apartment would save you money, and it would give you a nicer experience as well.

Travelling in Groups Easier

It gets even more efficient when you start thinking about bigger groups traveling -

a serviced apartment can accept multiple guests and isn't always priced per person. A hotel, on the other hand, will charge per person, and while the beds get bigger, the list of amenities does not. Let's not forget that with a serviced apartment you do get guest services - so you'll have someone cleaning for you and you'll have plenty of entertainment and amenities to keep you happy.

If you're going for a longer stay, then you'll save more money. A hotel is ideal for a short stay, because you might get free breakfast, and you won't want to be cooking for yourself for just one night. With longer stays, you'll save money by buying food and cooking. If you book a long stay in a serviced apartment you might get a discount, and you'll have a fully equipped kitchen, a nice entertainment system, and a place that you can get comfortable in and lay out your stuff to make it feel like home. You can dock your phone with the docking station for music, use the (less contested) wifi, enjoy the TV and DVD player, and chill out in the lounge. You can take advantage of having a cleaner and a turndown service, buy your favorite coffee for the kitchen, and not have to worry about other guests waking you up or a cleaner coming around at a time that totally does not suit you. That feeling of privacy and home is not to be underestimated.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.36s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb