London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 3rd 2007
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

London 3rd-5th Aug

Arrived in Waterloo at 8.30am, got tube to Charing Cross (£4 each for 2 stops, Good God I know I should've got a day pass but that's beside the point). Walked to our beautiful 5 star hotel One Aldwych (treat for roughing it on trains, ahem). Had time for naps and showers before meeting our best man for lunch, which took ages and then only had time for quick wander around before more naps and going to see 'Doctor John' in The Dome or 'The O2' as it's now stupidly called. Dr. John was brilliant with Abe Wilson and the Delta jazz trio supporting. Afterwards our best man took us to Soho drinking club 'Milk and Honey' which was good.

Next day after a £22 breakfast (but it was lovely) we lounged about the hotel even though there was a secuity annoucement at 10.15 cause presumably some idiot hit the wrong button. Then bizarrely we couldn't face shopping so headed out to our mates C & J in Mill Hill and sat in the garden with them sinking a few cold ones as it was a fabulous day - crap summer my ass! Had to have the obligatory english style Indian curry in Day of the Raj that night and it didn't disappoint.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb