London Calling


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Wimbledon
August 26th 2010
Published: August 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

HERRROOO!
Well, we have arrived in London!! We arrived yesterday around 11 am, after leaving New York at 6pm the day before, arriving in Germany at 7.30am and then boarding another plane to London. After about 8.5 hours of travel and god knows how many time zones we were all sooo knackered. Thankfully Alissa was kind enough to scoot home after her flight and pick up her car so she could collect us when we flew in (she was on a different flight) which meant I could sleep on the back seat of her car for the ride home.
Her flat is very lovely and homey, I even have my own little "british" room, which I love! I was in bed asleep by 7.30 last night and caught about 16 hours!! So today was a nothing day, just went for a stroll down to the local shops to get supplies and to try and find a sim card (impossible?!). It's so nice to be in an actual house, with a non-shared bed and a proper shower that you know you're not going to get a disease from, I love London already!
Tomorrow we'll get up at a reasonable hour and head in to Central London to check out some of the sights, this weekend it's a long weekend so we will all spend a good three days at the various markets and festivals (carnivals?) or we may even go camping! Road trip ensured.

Our last couple of days in New York were great, we took a stroll around Central Park, browsed FAO Swartz and even danced on the piano keys (too much fun!!). Of course we had to take a peek in at Tiffany's and I made it to Grand Central Station (which is beautiful), ate pizza and walked and walked and walked.
Alissa and I went on the Sex and The City tour which was soo much fun, we had cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery, Cosmo's at "Scout" and saw the sights where many of the scenes were filmed, and it just so happened that many scenes were shot only minutes from our hotel! We got to see the Meatpacking district and a bit more of Soho. I even saw DVF where Whitney worked!

After the tour we spent a loooong afternoon shopping on Bleeker street where Alissa purchased a new Marc Jacobs bag, and I drooled.

On Monday night we went to a Thai joint called Lucky Cheng's. $32 buys you a three course thai meal and a tranny show. It was hilarious. So so so funny, even more hilarious was the look of horror on Sam's face when the lead tranny made him stand up in front of everyone and utterly embarrassed him. I don't think he'll let me put any photos/videos on facebook of him being violated by a tranny.. I will anyway.
Oh and the food was great!!

All in all New York was definitely my favourite place out of all the states we went to in the US. I am so happy to be in London as I know we don't have to be a tourist everyday as we have soo much time here. We'll be in London for at least another week or so, before heading to Scotland when mum and dad arrive, then on to Paris, Oktoberfest, Prague and beyond.
The journey is just beginning!!

Cheerio Old Chaps x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb