London *Take Three*


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Westminster
November 6th 2008
Published: December 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at London Victoria Train Station and caught the tube over to Oxford Circus where I was meeting my friends.

We spent the afternoon wandering up and down Regent Street, waiting for them to finish building the stage for the Christmas Light switch on. Then joined the queue that had formed next to the stage, around 3pm. We managed to stand by the barrier which was on the edge of the road with traffic still driving past until about 5pm when they eventually closed the road.

The event started with Hollyoaks star John Pickard arriving on stage to introduce The London Community Gospel Choir, who sang a number of songs. John Pickard then came back on stage this time with a special guest.....Pudsey!

The choir sang a few more songs, before John came back once more. This time to introduce the guests who would be switching on the lights this year... the reason the majority of us had been there almost all day....McFly!

They came on stage, to almost the entire crowd screaming and shouting. They were then interviewed for BBC TV, but we couldn't hear what they were saying. The lights were then switched on, with the crowd counting down til the McFly guys pushed the button and a load of fireworks went sky high.

The band then did something none of us were expecting....they left the stage and came down to the barrier, and stood right in front of us!

Has been a long time coming, five years, but I finally got to high five them all!

In all, it was one of the most amazing days of my life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb