Being Back


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Walthamstow
October 26th 2009
Published: October 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well its been 4 days now since arriving back in London and because it was my first proper travel experience i am struggling to adjust back to normal life. In the end it was more then just a holiday, it was an experience far deeper then anything else.

A Journey:

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” - St. Augustine

I only started the book and I want to read it all!

People go on holidays to lie on the beach, watch the sights or get drunk in a hotel bar but there is so much more to each country on this earth then places designed for tourists. You won't realize though until you actually go behind the façade, leave the guides behind and explore on your own, see the real places; places like the home of an Indian family who are the most welcoming people ever and are just grateful to have you there and to be able to show you how they live. Or travelling for 10 hours on a local Nepalese bus, going through little villages in the mountains with people getting on and off the bus and a scenery next to you which is just breathtaking; or having dinner at a truck stop rather then a restaurant at 10pm after being on the road for 12 hours.
Those are the moments you will remember for the rest of your life, more then seeing the Taj Mahal.

This trip was an amazing and mind opening experience, a little life changing even as for those 3 weeks I was able to flee the cage and feel a bit of freedom and peace.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb