Bureaucracy at its finest!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Walthamstow
December 16th 2008
Published: December 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Still reeling from our visit to the Indian embassy to get our visas. No problem we thought....we're prepared to wait for a bit. We'd applied online, booked our appointment slot and STILL had to wait - a bit like the deli counter at Tesco, take your ticket and wait for your number. Strange thing though..people kept going to the counters WITHOUT tickets!! We clocked this after about half an hours wait. From getting a little bit annoyed we both started to become quite annoyed in our disbelief at how blatent some people were doing it. I'm sorry but it doesn't matter that your 80 years old...we've been waiting for an hour too!!! To make matters worse the screen showing the ticket numbers just wasn't moving either. Oh the joys of bureacracy!! I think the best was when someone was allowed to go to a counter because they had "lost their ticket"!!! Never mind that he had just walked in....must remember that one! Oh and if you had missed your slot i.e you had nipped across the road to Sainsburys for some sandwiches or couldn't be bothered to wait you also were allowed to go to the front. Nothing like trying to please everyone....which is exactly what the receptionist was trying to do.
Two and half hours later our number was finally called......yipee we have it all to look forward to again in 3 days time when we collect our passports.....maybe we should have had some faith in the postal system!!!!!

Advertisement



3rd January 2009

Hello
No need for an e-mail I've googled you! I know John you were hoping to avoid me.. no such luck I am very resourceful. Looking forward to reading about your travels, lets hope the first post isn't a vivid decsrciption of "Delhi Belly"

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb