Eat some more James


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Surrey Quays
April 13th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Quick run down of what I've been up to in the last week or so:

Friday 13: Watched blades of glory - Will Ferrell's new movie (Hilarious).

Saturday 14: Went to Greenwich to hang out in the park and throw a frisbee around, the weather here for last two weeks has been amazing. Spent the afternoon at a beer garden in Fulham watching NZ playing South Africa in cricket and the Grand National horse race. Caught up with Ben Fitchett and talked about how we can lure David over here. Think the speights brewery trip might take care of that (Speights great beer delivery). Amanda was rather merry by the end of the night, and had us in tears with her antics, as well as most of the train. Think her head was a bit sore on Sunday.

Sunday was spent back at Greenwich, I saw a kid face plant on his bike. Nicola thought it was funny, I didn't agree. (Or maybe the other way around).

Tuesday and Thursday I played footy. Tuesday was just a hack with the boys, Thursday was a cup game. We drew 3-3 which realistically was a good result because the opposition dominated us. Our keeper fortunately was on fire.

Friday I went to Temple Walkabout which is a Kiwi/Aussie pub. Unfortunately I witnessed NZ get smoked in the cricket and the league by the Aussies. That didn't stop me from having a good night though. I caught up with mates who had just arrived into the UK - Frankie, Pete, and Nathan. Apparently some break dancing was performed, hopefully there is no photo evidence of this.

Saturday was spent chilling out in the back lawn, catching up with some of Lisa and Andres mates, and watching videos at night - The departed and Nacho Libre
(Both well good in'it).

Sunday was another cracking day. Jess and Eddie who had been dossing on our couches for a bit had a BBQ at their new place in Clapham. Some of the others had started on the boozing before Lisa, Andre and I arrived, so were a good source of entertainment, especially James and his milling around the food table eating anything and everything put on it. Might explain why later he feel asleep on the train and ended up somewhere outside of London. I also have to mention his abysmal frisbee technique, which made him look more like a ballerina, whereas Jenny and Lisa had techniques which make me wonder whether they were once in the Japanese mafia trained in the art of hurling ninja stars.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb