Return of the Nic


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Surrey Quays
March 23rd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 2 months of travelling around Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand, Nicola arrived back in the country and came down to see me.

It was great to see her and catch up on all her stories and adventures. What wasn't so great was that I felt like an albino next to her, seeing as she had a good tan and I haven't seen any sun since ... I can't remember, it's been that long.

Saturday night we went out to China Town with the crew - Lisa, Andre, Jenny and Jess & Eddie (Lisa and Andre's mates who are dossing with us at the mo). We wolfed down a good feed before finding a walkabout bar in Covent Garden to watch some cricket. Well the boys watched while the girls knattered.

Sunday was daylight savings so to bring it in we decided on busting out the bbq. It was a perfect day for it and we had a good turn out in the end, including a few mates that I hadn't seen in a while. Emily and Richard, obviously impulse buyers bought a Thomas the tank engine cake and some tesco lager (it only cost 88p for four beers!). That reminds me of a joke: Q. What do Tesco lager and having sex in a rubber dinghy have in common? A. They are both f*cking close to water!

Later in the evening we decided that it was getting a tad cold so found a pallet in a nearby skip and bust it up with rocks so we could chuck it on the barbie. It was now nice and warm, and so was the next door neighbours garage. It got a bit scorched and melted but is kind of okay now. Some dude went a bit mental at us, but we played stupid. Not a hard task for any of us.





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb