Harry Potter, Musicals, and one happy Mary!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Stratford
June 25th 2011
Published: June 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday night Margaret, Gena and I went to King's Cross in order to see Platform 9 3/4. It was horribly tacky, but a necessity for any true Harry Potter fan. Afterwards we went down to the London and Tower Bridge and simply walked around for awhile soaking up all the excitement and energy of being in London
Wednesday night Gena and I had our Legally Blonde the Musical night! It was amazing. Our original seats were way in the back and inducing vertigo so right before the show we upgraded for 10 pounds each and had great seats.
Friday night I went out with the whole class to a bar. The bar happened to be in the West End theatre district. As everyone was getting ready to move to the next bar, Gena and I looked at each other last minute and said we have 15 minutes till curtain. We then ran down the street looking at the multiple amazing theatres around us. We then came across Jersey Boys. I had just seen the show in April with Elise and Monica, but decided it was so awesome the first time that I would love to go. We walked in and asked if they had any last minute student rush tickets. The person handed us seats for 25 pounds each. Upon arriving at our seats we discovered that we were in a private box and that these seats usually sell for over 80 pounds!!
Next week we are planning on seeing Wicked and Dirty Dancing and eventually the big plan is to see Les Mis!
Whether permitting we are hoping to do Notting Hill (and run into Hugh Grant fate permitting) and possibly Stonehedge. We are also working on getting some Glee in Concert tickets but that may take a string of luck.
We also booked our bus tickets to Paris for the weekend of July 8th and are considering going to the Highland Games in Scotland the weekend of the 15th depending on finances.
I'm in love with London so far with all it's beauty, history, and charm. However, I think what really pushes it over the edge is the easy access to all this amazing theatre. Gena and I keep saying as we watch these shows that we can't believe that these are our lives because they are just so amazing and blissfully happy at the moment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb