London Royal Parks walks on 3 June


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » St. James
June 5th 2022
Published: June 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We did a part of Royal Parks Walks on 2 May – starting from Camden Town station, we went through Regent Park, Regent Canal via Little Venice and Kensington Gardens.

On 3 June, we started from Lancaster Gate and walked through Kensington Gardens and strolled through Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Walk. There were a lot of colourful, scented roses and flowers blooming on the beds, arches and obelisks and canes - they looked very beautiful and offered therapeutic atmosphere with lovely garden ornaments.

Afterwards, we crossed over the busy roads and passed through Duke of Wellington Memorial Arch and entered Green Park. As expected, a part of green Park was closed; we had to take an alternate route to reach Westminster. Mark had brought a little A-Z guide. After leaving Green Park, we walked down on St James Park Street and Marlborough Road; and it let us go to St James Park.

There were indeed a wide variety of water fowls including pelicans swimming, receiving food and sitting on the banks. It was a pleasure to see the bird cottage surrounded by beds of flowers and its bridge allowed visitors to access closer viewpoints to birds’ nests and their living places.

We passed various interesting historic buildings around St James Park – St James Palace, Banqueting House, H&M Treasury House and Commonwealth Office. After passing two government buildings, we saw the busy road, Whitehall and House of Parliament in front. That was the completion of 7 ½ miles of Royal Parks walks introduced by Peter Aymer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Jubilee Window along St James streetJubilee Window along St James street
Jubilee Window along St James street

Purple has been considered to be royal member colour - this is what I was taught when I was learning English.
pelicans in St James Parkpelicans in St James Park
pelicans in St James Park

I did not expect to see pelicans; so it is my highlight to see pelicans on London Royal Parks walk.
Mark in the Diana Memorial GardenMark in the Diana Memorial Garden
Mark in the Diana Memorial Garden

He did expect that a part of this course would be closed for Jubilee cerebrations. He brought the A-Z guide and organized the alternate route to satisfy his wife.
House of Parliament on 3 JnneHouse of Parliament on 3 Jnne
House of Parliament on 3 Jnne

Westminster is the final destination of London Royal Parks' walk introduced by Peter Aymer


Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb