The Tower of London with 10-Year-Old Boys


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Southwark
June 20th 2023
Published: June 20th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day for the Tower of London. We were not sure how much time the kids would want to spend there but we figured we’d play this one by ear.

1st stop was the Crown Jewels. This is what the boys really wanted to see. We looked at the jewels from 1 side and then the other. Emilio loved the Orb and they both loved the crowns and jewels. They both loved the gold and silver platters, tureens and other serving pieces. Dale explained to the boys how he’d actually bought the huge Cullinan diamond for me, but then lost it, alas!

From the Crown Jewels we went to the White Tower. The Tower is where the royal family lived for a time. The tower is fun as there are displays for every age. Of course, Fynn had to sit on the Royal Pot! The top floor is a kid friendly area with experiments in archery, sword cutting, and shooting.

https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/history-and-stories/the-story-of-the-tower-of-london/#gs.0hdpf1

After lunch we went into the Royal apartments, saw the carvings in the stones by people imprisoned there and the original apartments. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and were followed by a Yoeman Warder, locking everything behind us.

We’d eaten a huge late lunch at the tower café, which by the way, serves excellent food, so we had dinner in our room of leftover cheeses and sausage, bread and wine in our room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb