London life


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Richmond
November 3rd 2005
Published: November 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post





What is it that suddenly makes those of us who are pre destined to

travel, work up the courage (and the money) to finally decide

that this is the time in our lives when we can no longer handle the

well worn path that we have tramped along for so long?

When all of a sudden you stop and take a look around your homeland and decided to leave everything and everyone that you hold dear in search of something thrilling and unknown. Maybe it's the draw that there is something out there that is calling you that is trying to attract your attention. Maybe it's the undeniable fact you want to find love? Maybe it's the idea that if you remain there you will never ever find out what is on the other side?



Is it possible to find the love of your life in a place where everybody is on a time limit, a place that is filled with people trying to fit into two years what some can't manage to do in an entire lifetime ?

Do people really expect to step off in Heathrow and be inundated with possible suitors, knowing that they too are traveling to discover the wonders and joys of life in London? We all know the saying it’s a hard road to find to perfect partner, but does the road really have to lead to the local pub?



We are all brought up to believe that when we do meet 'the one' it'll be across some crowded room, your eyes will meet and you'll both smile knowingly at each other, safe in the knowledge that you have just discovered the secret to eternal life. The reality is more often than not a little less magical. You usually can't see across the crowded room because the law still allows us to blow smoke into each others eyes while trying our hardest to smile our most sultry smiles, and now days women also tend not to hold the gaze of a member of the opposite sex as this usually has the connotation that you wish them to whisk you off your feet for a moment of random passion in a nearby loo or perhaps if you've hit the jackpot another flat mates bed.



Do we come to London wanting to go on a two year sex, drugs and alcohol fuelled rampage, or is it London that turns us all mad? For some of people it’s exactly what the doctor ordered, a final laugh in life's face before they accept their defeat and surrender to the ageing process. For others it’s the opportunity to experience a vast variety of different cultures, customs and countries. London is a massive melting pot of all of these and also doubles as the gateway to Europe, so if you can manage to detach yourself from the fast-paced hedonistic ways of the twenty something’s in London and save your hard earned pounds, the dreams you held when you stepped on the plane of seeing the world will come true.



These times that we spend expanding our minds to the wonder and beauty of the world, where we have a limited amount of time to cause has much mayhem as our bodies can handle are ones that help develop us into who we will become tomorrow. That is life in London.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb