Brendon goes wild and checks out some birds....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Richmond
February 18th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

meeeeoooowmeeeeoooowmeeeeoooow

Bonnie, not sure about her new surroundings/
Well after a hectic January that put December to shame, and a busy start to February we finally got a weekend to ourselves. Bliss!
And what did Brendon do? He went native and started checking out a whole lot of the wildlife.

Am I jealous? Not really. Let me explain.....

Johnnie, our Scottish friend and fellow Clapham resident jetted off to his girlfriend's home in Australia for 3 weeks well needed rest. Given that he had flown to America for a couple of days, returned on Tuesday morning, and flown out to Kuwait on Tuesday night - both trips for work - returned on Thursday and was due to fly out on Friday night to Aus, it's amazing that he managed to drag himself out of bed early on Friday morning to drop off his two precious babies, Bonnie & Hobbs, to an eagerly awaiting Brendon.

We settled the cats in before heading off to work on Friday. I came home on Friday night to a quiet house and no sign of any cats. After a search I found a shy Bonnie (a Scottish Fold - so named because the breed has folded ears) hiding under the bed
Brendon and HeatherBrendon and HeatherBrendon and Heather

.... the plant that is. Enjoying Isabella Plantation even in winter.
in the spare room and a relaxed Hobbs sleeping under both duvets in the spare room - right next to the heater.

After our usual touch rugby on Saturday we spent much of the rest of Saturday playing with the lovely cats. Sunday dawned bright & sunny - but still very cold - and we took advantage of Johnnie's kind loan of his car to head out for our first visit of Richmond Park - the largest park in any city in Europe. There we wandered amongst the bushes and heather of the Isabella Plantation, checking out the parakeets, ducks, squirrels, red breasted robins and blue tits, then wandering past herds of free roaming deer on the way back to our car.

A fabulous, relaxing weekend. We should try and have them more often.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Our fairy gladeOur fairy glade
Our fairy glade

can you see them?
just like home...only colderjust like home...only colder
just like home...only colder

The people grouped at the far end of the pond are throwing sticks & stones trying to break the surface of ice on the lake.
Two cheeky monkeys!Two cheeky monkeys!
Two cheeky monkeys!

WHo's got the biggest grin?
Beddie-byesBeddie-byes
Beddie-byes

Brendon says 'Goodnight'


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb