Regent Park, 1 May 2017


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

1 May 2017, the 1st May’s Bank Holiday – it was typically showering and sun shining – as London’s residents, we went to Regent Park and explored one of our favourite parks in the afternoon.







We started walking from York Gate. Chestnuts trees had lush foliage and pretty flowers. We headed for Queen Mary Garden. As soon as we arrived there, it began showering and we had to hold our umbrellas. We strolled around herbaceous borders, sunken gardens and Rockery Water Garden. Wisterias were flowering and their leaves and flowers were intertwining along the surface of the wooden bridge – they made a very authentic scene. We walked through winding routes containing lanterns, cascades, stream, willow trees, waterfowl and the wisteria bridge. Together with these water garden features, the spring shower made an atmospheric environment.







We then returned to the main park and explored around Boating Lake. A wide variety of waterfowls were swimming, flying around the lake and receiving food from visitors. We found a number of borders with colourful and a wide variety of shapes of tulips surrounded by colourful little flowers like ‘forget me not, evergreen shrubs and garden ornaments. They all looked beautiful and I took photos of these lovely gardens.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb