Leaving London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Queen's Park
October 17th 2008
Published: December 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

RichRichRich

Rich
5am.

Queens Park Flat: 24hrs since we've slept. We're in a frantic rush to get everything done, but moving slowly from the exhaustion that has set in...why do we always wait until the last minute?

The last boxes to go into storage are packed. Rich's bags are packed, stuffed to the max! Alicia is still trying to find space in her backpack, its full and half the stuff she wants to bring is still on the floor.

5:30am

All the boxes are in the rental van. Rich is yelling at Alicia to hurry up and finish packing her bag. They should've left the flat 30 min. ago!

6am

Alicia finishes packing, leaving half the stuff she planned on taking in a storage box. Why are these backpacks so small!

7am

Arrive at storage unit, unload, lock up, take off.

7:30am

Arrive at the tip, dump all the rest of our rubbish that we couldn't pawn off on friends and couldn't fit into storage. Rich argues with the manager because they're charging us to us the tip because we're in a van. (in a car its free!) This is why more people don't recycle, its such a hassle. We say we're going to write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Brent Council!

9am

Drop off rental van in Kings Cross. (Rich has fallen asleep 4 times while driving here)

10am

Walk to Kings Cross Station. Normally a 5 min. walk, takes us 20 with the backpacks. (Alicia complains that her's is too heavy.)

Get on the train to Luton Airport. (Rich falls asleep)

1pm

Board flight to Athens. Say good bye to London! (Rich falls asleep)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb