Platform 9 3/4


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Putney
February 1st 2008
Published: February 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in London on Wednesday night, after the world's LONGEST bus ride from Oxford. It actually wasn't so bad, there was just a ton of traffic on the highway, and as a result it took us ages to get into the city. We were in no particular hurry though, so it was fine.

We're now staying at Cheyne and Denise's place in Putney, and we're having a somewhat amusing time with the sleeping arrangements. They've got a spare box room with a single bed, and Denise bought a single air mattress for the floor for one of us. Unfortunately the mattress isn't quite a "single" mattress; it is actually about the width of my shoulders, yet really, really long. We think it might be an inflatable pool toy. Paul has gallantly taken the mattress and seems to be relatively content with it, but it is so long and skinny it is hilarious. I have no idea who could actually comfortably fit on it.

We spent a long time walking around the city yesterday. We even stopped at Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross! (Naturally I posed for a photo with the trolley shown disappearing into the wall.) We also looked around Angel/Islington, and went to the Natural History Museum to see the National Geographic Wildlife Photography of the Year exhibit, which was really amazing. Met up with Oli and later Cheyne and Denise in Covent Garden for drinks in the evening.

Today we're off to Camden.

Advertisement



4th February 2008

I can't stop laughing about Paul and that mattress. And so his pushing ahead, regardless of physical discomfort, begins. Next stop: scampering ahead with boundless energy.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb