Seeing the Sights


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Piccadilly
June 27th 2011
Published: June 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Some pictures, with some accompanying description. Just click on the photo.

A full entry to come soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

St. Paul'sSt. Paul's
St. Paul's

Above is the magnificence of St. Paul’s Cathedral, designed by the great Sir Christopher Wren. Built between 1675 and 1708, from the floor to the top of the dome it stands some 108 metres high, or 365 feet. One for each day of the year. And on the steps there, leading up to the entrance, you’ll notice an attractive couple holding hands. Not more than 19 or 20 years old; students most likely. He, well built with a large rucksack; she, with a smaller pink rucksack. Spanish or Portugese, definitely Latin. As she places her head on his broad shoulder and smiles, you can picture tonight these young lovers enjoying a meal somewhere, more than likely including wine and an espresso, maybe even a lacquer. And then on for a slow, intimate stroll by the Thames, the two of them, the whole of the rest of their lives stretching. A beautiful adventure before them….move on, move on!!!!
The London EyeThe London Eye
The London Eye

The London Eye, considered the most popular tourist attraction in the world. Erected in 1999 to celebrate the new millennium, it stands 135 metres, or 443 feet high, and its 32 suspended capsules take half an hour to complete one revolution. It is licensed for the performance of marriages and civil partnerships, something that young couple there in matching yellow and blue cagoules, arms entwined, their free hands held above their eyes to shield them from the sunlight, may well be contemplating, obviously very much in love as they are. And after the excitement of the ceremony and the joy of the reception, you can imagine those two down there waving farewell to their loved ones as they slip away to a honeymoon destination, perhaps abroad or somewhere in this country. Devon is always nice this time of year. And there they spend that first night as husband and wife in several exquisitely tender, and yet by the same token, frenzied bouts of love making….move on, move on!!!!
Trafalgar SquareTrafalgar Square
Trafalgar Square

You now see Trafalgar Square, featuring the National Gallery, St. Martin in the Fields Church, designed by James Gibbs, and in the centre, Nelson’s column, standing 46 metres, or 151 feet high. Admiral Lord Nelson, who gave his life for his country at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805, was not only a great naval strategist, leader, and hero, but also lover to Lady Hampton. We can all imagine the long romantic evenings that Horatio and Emma must have enjoyed in Naples, she an astoundingly attractive and flexible young woman, and he a big sailor. Although they never married, they lived together along with her husband William, in a house, all three of them, manage a trios, quite openly. Nothing secret about it. In contrast to nowadays, where if your girlfriend is seeing someone else, it is all done behind your back. Until, of course, the day your mobile rings and she’s texted you that she’s gone to live with someone in Market Harbour, a friend from school she’s gotten back in touch with through Friends Reunited. And now she’s a lesbian. Move on, move on!!!!
The London EyeThe London Eye
The London Eye

The London Eye, considered the most popular tourist attraction in the world. Erected in 1999 to celebrate the new millennium, it stands 135 metres, or 443 feet high, and its 32 suspended capsules take half an hour to complete one revolution. It is licensed for the performance of marriages and civil partnerships, something that young couple there in matching yellow and blue cagoules, arms entwined, their free hands held above their eyes to shield them from the sunlight, may well be contemplating, obviously very much in love as they are. And after the excitement of the ceremony and the joy of the reception, you can imagine those two down there waving farewell to their loved ones as they slip away to a honeymoon destination, perhaps abroad or somewhere in this country. Devon is always nice this time of year. And there they spend that first night as husband and wife in several exquisitely tender, and yet by the same token, frenzied bouts of love making….move on, move on!!!!


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb