Made it to London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Piccadilly
May 31st 2009
Published: May 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we had a bit of a stressful morning getting everything finalised but we eventually got to the airport. Jo, Rob and Bathy saw us off and we had a drink, then it was a little tearful goodbye and we headed up to the lounge.

When it was time to board we went outside to join the queue, and to our surprise there was our neighbours (from Number 8) who were off to Singapore for a holiday. Perth is a small place isnt it.

Flight from Perth -> Singapore was ok, Bek didnt feel too crash hot but we managed to hit Singapore without too many dramas.

Bek was mesmerised by all of the glittery shops in Singapore :-P and was quite happy to see the purple gold, however not so happy when she saw the price, well i guess it is 19 carat

Rest of the flight was ok, managed to sleep for a good chunk of it which helped. The A380 is a very impressive piece of machinery, quite comfortable even in cattle class with enough leg room (even after the guy in front of me cranked his seat right back as soon as the seat belt sign was off.

Caught the tube from London to Lancaster gate and only had a bit of a walk from there to the hotel (dam these backpacks are heavier than i remembered....lets just put it down to jet lag :-P). Managed to check straight into the hotel (even though it was only 9am) and are about to go out and check the place out (need to try and find Cyberdog for ravewear).

Anyways enough from me for now, will update more later.

John



Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb