Goodbye, farewell.....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
October 18th 2006
Published: October 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


No world tour is complete or at least begins well if you do not have a hangover on the way to the airport to reach your first destination....



And so it was that I went out in London for a "quite" beer with a few friends before leaving good old blighty.


Thanks to the following participants for their send off.

Gagan - Big G as he likes to affectionately be called, made a short but welcome appearance, dispelling notions that he was a goat herder from Afghanistan called Gunty (it was indeed southern Iraq).
Dan (Yalez) - Instigator of anything to do with more beers and wearing business attire, had he just come from work? Led from the front on anything to do with drinking.
Dom (Pilou) - As wingman to Shadwell, was blind leading the blind, still was able to explain to Shadwell how to pull of a joke. His experience in Plymouth certainly helped when the music got cheesy.
Abdul - Legend as Yalez described him, after first chat, wow first impressions. Once he had food was in on top form.
Andrew - One for the London scene, wanted to shed the schackles of Dan and Abdul and find the Reflex in the centre of London, alias that one will have to wait.
Nathan (Blane) - Back from his own 6 month tour of the world was philosphical, captivating his audience with tales of building Orphanages in Uganda and lapdances with ladyboys in Thailand, had to leave early due to all his money being spent on his tour.
Dan W - What is it with Dan and attracting good looking women! Pictures paint a thousand words.
Gary (Shadwell) -What more can be said about the guy who rewrote the rulebook. With Jedi skills persuaded everybody to go to Roadhouse on premise of the holiest of holy grails, the "Happy Hour". Still paid over £4 a drink!


Thanks all for the send off to start the tour...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Roadhouse, Covent GardenRoadhouse, Covent Garden
Roadhouse, Covent Garden

Enjoying a beer at the table.
Paired off!Paired off!
Paired off!

Did Abdul and Mark get the short straw, or was it Dan!!
Mr Lover LoverMr Lover Lover
Mr Lover Lover

Can't teach what Gary has (Thank god!).


28th October 2006

Leaving Do
Hi Mark, it sounds like you definately had an interesting time. Unfortunately your blog cannot be viewed from work. So, Dan has not seen your handy work. I will try and copy your blog and upload it to my website (which can be access from work). Cheers, Mr Wall
2nd November 2006

So what are you up too?
Hello dude, Trust all is going well. I hope (but don't belive) you are behaving yourself? Will maybe come and meet you on some part of the tour. Laters

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb