The London Leg


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
July 29th 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!!! Phew, its nice to finally have a few minutes to sit down and relax, has been so hectic!!!!

We left Perth on Thurs 27th July, in torrential rain and storm, to fly to sunny hot London. Now, that makes perfect sense doesnt it!?!

We stopped at Beri Bawa Bagel Sari whatever airport in Brunei after the first 5hours of the flight. Alcohol was illegal, the place smelled like Bali and there were holes for toilets, so that sucked a bit. Lucky we were only there for an hour. We then flew another 7hours to Dubai, and yay i exchanged my first foreign money!!! (and i used it appropriately on Peanut MnMs and diet coke, :D ) Ok, then another 7hour flight and we landed in London at 5.50am their time. Absolutely knackered!!!!!

Holy hell heathrow is huge!!! We finally found the exit, after racing through customs luckily, and decided that we were too poor for cab or express train, so we'd take the Tube. We booked a BnB in central London near Oxford street, tubed it to the nearest station and hoofed it to the hotel (i was navigating, and i only got us slightly lost!!) Bear in mind that at this stage we'd been flying 24hrs straight, we were tired and cranky and smelled real bad...but we still got hit on walking to the hotel...sleazy bloody poms!!!!! (NB we have found that the only way to stop the sleazy guys from leering at you is to stare them out, it really works!)
Ok, so we got to the hotel, only to find that we had to come back in 2hrs coz the room wasn't ready. Cool. So we went for a wander over to Hyde Park, up Oxford st, wasted time then went back to the room for well needed showers. Then we decided to have a snooze, but we accidently crashed out for 12hrs!! We woke up at 1am there time, decided to go find a pub and have a drink. Of course tho my sister took an hour to trowel her face on, so by the time we got out of the room everything was closing and only the deros were left. And we couldnt find a pub. In london. What the?!? (NB i have since seen many pubs, all in the opposite direction that we had walked)
So what was meant to be a pub crawl ended up being a 2hr hike in the middle of the night through London. Sheesh.
We got back to the hotel room and decided to sleep fpr a couple more hours, then get up at normal london time to try and tweak our bodyclocks.
I got up at 7am and put my runners on and went for a run down to Hyde park and Kensington Gardens, was quite nice really. Came back sweating like a...(insert profanity) ((remembering that its stinking hot here right now)) went downstairs for breakfast, amused myself at the looks on the serving maids faces when i turned down a full english breakfast and had a protein shake and an apple haha

ok, then it was shower time, and the moment had come to hit the shops!!! (even being as broke as i am!)
we decided to go to camden markets because that is where our interests lay (for those who dont know its famous for metal wear etc) we got off the tube, walked out and it was like whoa!!!

markets as far as the eye could see, was fantastic!!! so expensive tho, i mean even more expensive than perth stuff, THEN put the exchange rate on top of that. Wanted to buy so much, only could get a few things 😞
I bought an awesome long jacket thing (black) a singlet top thing (also black) and some bracelets (wait...u guessed it..BLACK!) I ran out of money after that, but we headed on over to Portabello Road anyways, had a quick look there, but by then we had been shopping from 9am to 6pm walking all day, so slightly tired.
So many deros in central london, but the hotties that were in Camden!!! (long haired metal types of course 😉 ) we also stopped in a pub for a drink, got slightly tipsy on a pint of Strongbow on tap (how classy!) met some germans, had lunch next to some dirty river, had a nice day in general 😊 haha
Just got back to the hotel, and am now sitting in an internet cafe writing this, going to go back to the hotel soon and relax for a bit. Cant be bothered goin out tonight, not our thing, and we are saving up for germany!!!
Tomorrow looks to be sightseeing day, so more updates, and photos to come!! :D
Love to you all, i miss everyone very much and wish you guys were here with me, i hope everyone is well and missing me terribly or i wont be happy :P haha
ok, over and out for now, ill try and update as often as i can
LOVE YOU BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Advertisement



30th July 2006

Go Jossy!
Glad you've hit the ground running and great to hear you're having a ball. Don't blow too much dough in London - you'll get better value elsewhere. Missing you already (hahaha).
30th July 2006

ello ello ello!!!
Did ya stop for a pot o' tea and a scone??? glad ya having fun dude... keep me tuned in.....
31st July 2006

Good to hear from you
GO LOUD AND DO SOME DAMAGE
31st July 2006

skanky ho biiiiiitch !!!
very lame Jossey - where's all the sex?? The only thing you've blown so far is money!!!!!!!! he he

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb