Last day in London...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
April 17th 2005
Published: April 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Im glad that so many people are checking out this site, unfortunately i dont have enough time to respond to everyone, sorry guys especially with issues arising in Dubrovnik where i may have to skip that flight and write off €64 which really sucks. I didnt think a Croatian hostel would be booked this far in advance, especially in April. Oh well...

Well I went out with Ken and got some sushi for dinner which was decent and not too expensive, and then went out got a beer at Midas and then picked up a beer on the way to the bar, gotta love no open container laws.

Well last night was my first *real* night out in London. I went with Ken, Craig ( a new aussie) and a French guy. We went to this Bar Club called Tiger Tiger. At first they asked how many and I told them 4 but since it was 4 guys they made up some excuse. So we went around the corner, waited for 5 minutes and just me and the Frence guy went in, and were still almost denied by 2 separate bouncers for not having girls with us. The second one chatted with us and looked us up and down and decided to let us in. If you had seen some of the girls in this place they shouldve given some of them a second look.

Nevertheless we stayed until around 2 and then stopped at McDonalds which is really the only thing open and sure as hell beats soggy pizza. I spend an exorbitant amount of money...about £6.50 but got 2 McChicken Premieres and fries and a soda. They were quite good actually. I still havent had real fish and chips from a restaurant but I figure even the best fish and chips ever are still fish and chips. Maybe I'll get some tonight. We'll see, I really want to go to this comedy club in Piccadilly called the Comedy Store which is supposedly where a lot of British comics get started and gave rise to Whose Line Is It Anyway?.

Unfortunately i have to spend the day here trying to figure out hostels and whatnot and its the only day that its warm and sunny.

Cheers

Advertisement



18th April 2005

Daily Reading
Matt - Your journal is great. Please continue to write as often as you have been. Neil and I read it as soon as we see there is a new posting. We also passed the link to Mike. He's hooked too. We're all very jealous. Trisha - Patricia

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb